Life Skills & Wellbeing
Life Skills and Wellbeing is the name given to our curriculum delivery of what used to be known as PSHE. Every week students will study a current topic connected to one of our key themes.
- Health and Wellbeing
- Living in the Wider World
- Relationships and Sexual Education (RSE)
This section contains documents and links to helpful content surrounding Life Skills and Wellbeing topics.
To learn more about our curriculum, please click here.
Relationships & Sexual Health Education Policy
Life Skills & Wellbeing Parental Guides and Support
The following websites are here as a link to offer support and guidance in the following areas. This supports some of the content that is currently being taught to students.
- Parental Life skills & Wellbeing Handbook (PDF)
- Human Rights - Protected Characteristics (LINK)
- Protected Characteristics (VIDEO)
Sexual health support for young people
- Wheatbridge Health Village (Chesterfield) (yoursexualhealthmatters.org.uk) (LINK)
- Support for 5 to 18 year olds :: Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (derbyshirehealthcareft.nhs.uk) School nurse text messaging service (LINK)
Advice on how to talk to your child about relationships and sex
Please see the links below to some resources for parent / carers to talk to their child about RSE related issues.
- Age 11-16+ | Outspoken Sex Ed (outspokeneducation.com) (LINK)
- "Relationships and Sex Education" - what does this mean for my teen and how can I help as a parent? (theparentsguideto.co.uk) (LINK)
Online and Media Safety Awareness for Parents
This is a free online safety guide on horror games where you'll find tips covering potential risks, such as adult themes, psychological horror and violent content.
Relationships and Sexual Health Education Curriculum Overview
Life Skills and Wellbeing Extra Information & Support
- Mindfulness - Mindfulness - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Mental Health & Wellbeing - Home | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems
- Mental Health & Wellbeing - CAMHS - Home (elft.nhs.uk)
- Anti Bullying - Anti-Bullying Alliance
- Anti Bullying - Anti-bullying resources | NSPCC Learning
- Anti Bullying - Anti-Bulling Ambassador Programme (antibullyingpro.com)
- CALM - CALM Homepage - Campaign Against Living Miserably
- Drugs Education - DrugWise (Inc. Drug Encyclopaedia)
- Drugs Education - Honest information about drugs | FRANK (talktofrank.com)
- Body Image/Mental Health & Wellbeing - Bodytalk - What’s going on during puberty? - Rise Above
- SRE - Love Life - Rise Above
- Mental Health & Wellbeing - My Mind - gaining confidence, blasting anxiety - Rise Above
- Legal & Justice System - PSHE Educational Resources on Crime & Justice | KS3 & KS4 (issuesonline.co.uk)
- Media & Sexualised Media - PSHE Educational Resources on Media Topics | KS3 & KS4 (issuesonline.co.uk)
- Family, Anti Bullying & Mental Health - Family and Relationships Teaching Resources | Social Issues Education (issuesonline.co.uk)
- BBC Bitesize Video Series - KS3 PSHE and Citizenship - BBC Bitesize (All Topics)
Life Skills and Wellbeing Contact and Feedback
Contact the School:
- Telephone: 01246 863127
- Address: Station New Rd, Old Tupton, Chesterfield S42 6LG
- Email: email@example.com
Contact our Assistant Headteacher with Responsibility for Personal Development:
Contact Deputy Heads of House:
- Turbutt - Mrs A Robb - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cavendish - Mr N Holland - email@example.com
- Hunloke - Mr Pateman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gladwin - Mrs E Robbins-Emery - email@example.com
- Kenning - Mrs S Elliott - firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact Days 2021/22
Impact Day December 2021
Students across each year group will be experiencing a day of Life Skills & Wellbeing.
Each lesson will follow a plan of special lessons covering a selection from our themes;
- Health and well being
- Sexual health
- Study skills
- Wider world
We have a range of specialists delivering content from the police to sexual health experts. You can also find advice on how to support from our 'parental guide' and 'extra support' section of this webpage.
If you require any further information about the day, please contact the deputy head of house for your child, details of which can be found in the contact and feedback section.
Impact Day July 2022
Content to follow closer to the Impact Day.