What skills and previous experience will I need?
The Level 3 Certificate in Higher Sports Leadership is a nationally recognised qualification that enables successful students to lead un-supervised groups of people in sport and recreational activities.
This qualification builds upon the skills and experience gained through the Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership and the Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership.
What will I study?
The qualification teaches generic leadership skills such as organisation,planning, communication and teamwork through the medium of sport. It is a fun and practical qualification, with the only entrance requirement being that learners should have successfully completed the Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership or the Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership; however there are no final examinations to sit.
Learners must be 18 years of age on completion.
The Level 3 Certificate in Higher Sports Leadership consists of eight units of work, of which seven must be completed:
- Developing leadership skills
- Provision of sport within the community
- Lead sessions designed to improve fitness
- Organise and lead a sports event or competition
- Legal and ethical responsibilities when working with others
- Lead sport/activity sessions for children
- Lead sport/activity sessions for older people
- Lead sport/activity sessions for disabled people
Students will be expected to complete thirty hours of voluntary work experience in order to complete the award.
For more information speak to Mr Sinclair or Miss Hawker.